Thursday 24 July 2014

Our next milestone - Monier Horizon 'Sambuca' concrete roof tiles laid

Thursday 24 July 2014

Well, I finally managed to get some photos at midday today when the roof tilers had closed-up the construction site and gone away during their lunch break.  They'd almost finished laying the roof tiles by Noon today.  They only started to lay the roof tiles yesterday (Wednesday 23 July).  I think they'd be finished by now but it was just too dark to see anything tonight when I came home from work.

Our McDonald Jones Homes' Site Supervisor just happened to turn-up at the site while I was there today.  He advised me that, all being well, next week the eaves will be installed.  The 2 x rooftop Solar Panels for the gas-boosted Solar Hot Water Service will also be installed on the Northern aspect (at the rear of the house) next week.

The Site Supervisor also told me that the brickies had a lot of trouble laying the Austral Bricks' Gunmetal Blue bricks (from Austral's 'Expression' range of bricks).  Apparently those bricks were a nightmare to lay, they kept chipping, a lot had to be thrown out when damaged, and they went through 8 pallets of bricks.

The Site Supervisor is a really nice guy and he was most apologetic for not being able to take me onto the site while we were there today.  I wasn't expecting to see the Site Supervisor today and I assured him that we're happy to wait until it's appropriate for us to be on site again.  All being well, we'll be invited back to inspect the site with the Site Supervisor within the next few weeks.  That's OK with us.


Here's some photos that I took around midday today from outside the front security fencing, which show the current status of the roof tiles.

(Click on photos to view enlarged images)   








  

No comments:

Post a Comment